accidentally becoming a kubernetes guy

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

it’s over for me

My container orchestration layer fucks me

Trying too hard

ingress this bad token

The day that Tiko adds bad rhinos is the day that my Thread Zone posting career gets even more interesting.

Trying too hard

this shit is frustrating i need a root shell inside this one container and nothing i try will work so i’m going to quit my job

I just had that happen to me this morning.

Devops’s response was to tell me to go fuck myself because they recently (3 days ago) changed it so the NetApp mounts don’t allow root over NFS and didn’t regression test our Jenkins pipeline that does a build in a docker container.

Trying too hard

Usually the workaround is to ignore kubectl commands and run the shell explicitly from docker but even that won’t work this time.

my other workaround is to SSH into the node that the container lives on and exec from there but I can’t even get into the node. I spun all this shit up myself and it should 100% work. This product was a mistake.

There’s this really slick kubectl plugin called krew that allows you to exec-as so that you can run your shell as a specified user but even THAT times out on me today because god is real and he wants to punish me

so glad we have a kubernetes guy at work so i dont have to do this shit
definitely the charlie work of software development (qa doesn’t count)

Most days, I really enjoy working with Kubernetes. I really do. But far too often, I find myself in a situation whereby I am thoroughly lost in a deep black hole. The black hole of, “Hey, I want to try this Kubernetes-native bullshit and the vendor’s docs make it look soooo easy to follow.” And then it turns out that nothing fucking works, and you’re stuck troubleshooting for days, obsessing over the fact that this seemingly simple thing refuses to work. WORK, GODDAMMIT!! Then your mind is flooded with thoughts of, “This is it. THIS is the one problem that I will never ever ever be able to solve.” And suddenly, the heavens open up, and the angels shine a guiding light on the solution. By a stroke of luck, I happen to glean over the obscure log message or GitHub issue post that gives some glimmer of a hint as to why the fuck this stupid example from the vendor’s GitHub repo isn’t working. At that point, all of the color returns to my face, and my heart goes from palpitating, to beating normally.

today is not that day.

Reminds me of my early Linux days.

Trying too hard

it causes me great mental anguish

I’m sorry. I would help if I could.

Trying too hard

it’s ok. it’s not your fault.

I FIGURED IT OUT I AM A GOD

Hell yeah, king

Edited by MasterOfMagic at 2022-01-20 21:28:362022-01-20 21:28
Trying too hard

dudes rock

i have a deep respect for infra guys
keep on doing the Lord’s Work

Infra guys (and gals) of TZ PM me

Trying too hard

i spent all that time today and all i had to do was install krb5 in the container bc i forgot to install it in the deployment

Edited by sanora at 2022-01-21 04:13:372022-01-21 04:13

That three headed backstabbing traitor

Edited by MasterOfMagic at 2022-01-21 04:36:362022-01-21 04:36
Trying too hard

Honestly I’m surprised everything isn’t Heimdal by now.

Trying too hard

gotta authenticate to windows AD so kerberos it is

me DESERVE token

Ticket granting ticket? Sounds pretty sus to me. Like a ticket that grants other tickets? What’s this, an authentication scheme or buying Japanese train tickets?

Edited by MasterOfMagic at 2022-01-21 04:58:272022-01-21 04:58
Trying too hard

The day that Tiko adds bad rhinos is the day that my Thread Zone posting career gets even more interesting.

me DESERVE token

hmmm… maybe i can make this year’s april fools interesting…. ;)

LDAP this bad ticket

Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top