Home | Zones | Log in | Register

my job is gonna kill me

programming

Nobody

i hate to complain about a job where i make six figures but holy fucking shit i work at least 60 hours a week and it’s never gonna stop until i keel over

60 hrs/wk will eat your soul

we don't rent pigs

just quit a side job for similar reasons
need my free time back

I’m sorry that you’re in that situation. 60 hrs/week is unreasonable, especially if you don’t have equity in the company (not a chance at equity - actual equity).

Any place that asks you to work 60 hrs/week is a place that has dysfunctional planning, unreasonable timelines, incompetent management, and ownership that does not care about you.

Trying too hard

i hate interviewing so much that i just kinda deal + i have only been here 9 months so it feels weird to leave already but i’m burning out rapidly and gonna just have a complete meltdown sooner or later

probably a good idea to jump ship

You shouldn’t feel weird about leaving if planning is dysfunctional, timelines are unreasonable, management is incompetent, and ownership does not care about those things.

I highly doubt they told you at the start “Yeah, we all work 60 hours a week and you know, it’s wonderful” when you interviewed. Nothing wrong with putting out a few feelers and then jumping to a place that at least pretends to give a damn about its workers.

Trying too hard

fresh off a meltdown here

Muy Mas Mucho

wanna work at my work. you’d prob have to move to ny/nj

Muy Mas Mucho

wanna work at my work. you’d prob have to move to ny/nj

this would be a good arc

we don't rent pigs

i won’t be moving to new york sry

Good luck in your job hunt.

Trying too hard

i won’t be moving to new york sry

what about nj

core omega phage

i lived in budd lake for 2 years and it sucked

core omega phage

I live in JC it’s pretty chill

Muy Mas Mucho
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top